The Bronx Museum Policies
Art Donation and Exhibition Proposal Policies
The Bronx Museum of the Arts does not accept exhibition proposals. If you would like to donate your artwork to our permanent collection, please read more about our policies below.
Artwork Donation Process and Policies
- The Bronx Museum of the Arts does not accept unsolicited artwork or objects for consideration. Unsolicited art and objects will be discarded at the museum’s discretion.
- No object may be considered for acquisition without the recommendation of the Bronx Museum’s Director and Curator.
- Proposals for acquisition are brought by the Art Museum Director and Curator to The Board of Trustees, which considers and recommends acquisitions of works of art.
- Before any work of art is accepted into the collection, it must be inspected and approved by the Art Museum’s Director and Curator.
- Museum staff members are not available for unsolicited appointments. The Bronx Museum of the Arts does not provide the following services: identification, authentication, appraisal, conservation, art handling and/or installation.
If you would like to submit your artwork for donation to the permanent collection, please send a letter addressed to The Curatorial Department at The Bronx Museum of the Arts at 1040 Grand Concourse. Bronx, NY 10456 (or send an email with the subject line “Permanent Collection Acquisition Proposal” to email@example.com).
In the letter or email, please include the following:
- Your intention to offer the work as a gift or for sale
- A reproduction of the piece
- Reason why it would fit into our collection specifically
- Detailed object information (artist, title, date, medium, dimensions, edition #)
Due to the volume of correspondence we receive, we are unable to respond to every submission. We will reach out to you should we have any questions or if we find the object is a good fit for our collection.